How to Display Pre-Registration Hook Errors Underneath the Email Field?

Hello,

I’m currently working on implementing a pre-registration hook in Auth0 to validate user input before signup. I’ve successfully implemented the hook to validate the email field, but I’m encountering an issue with error display placement.

Currently, when the pre-registration hook detects an error related to the email field, it correctly prevents the user from signing up. However, the error message is displayed underneath the password field instead of underneath the email field where the input error occurred.

I want the error message to be displayed directly underneath the email field to provide a more intuitive user experience.

Could you please guide me on how to ensure that error messages from the pre-registration hook are displayed in the correct location, specifically underneath the email field?

Thank you!

Hi @simona1,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the placement of the error text on your sign-up page. For now, the error message will be displayed underneath the password text box.

If you would like to see more customization options related to the placement of error messages, I suggest creating a feedback request with details about your use case.

Cheers!
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.