How to customize privacy policy text of custom login page?

I want to make “terms of service” and “privacy policy” a clickable link. Linking to the corresponding page of those terms. What is the point of showing this text if the user cannot see which terms he is agreeing to? Also why is it not possible to add terms of service texts to the new modern login page?

It would be also helpful if someone could tell me how to add a GDPR consent checkmark that is required to initiate the buttons of the login.

Hi @benjamin203,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to know how to customize the privacy policy text on your custom login page.

To make the text a clickable link, you will need to make changes to the LanguageDictionary object in your custom Universal Login Page to define a hyperlink. See below for an example:

languageDictionary: {
     signUpTerms: "I agree to the <a href='/terms' target='_new'>terms of service</a> and <a href='/privacy' target='_new'>privacy policy</a>."
   },
   mustAcceptTerms: true,

Moreover and, unfortunately, only the Classic Universal Login Page allows for Terms of service text to show on the login page. Our New Universal Login vs. Classic Universal Login documentation emphasizes these limitations.

As for GDPR Consent tracking, I recommend using an Action to accomplish this. See the GDPR: Track Consent with Custom UI documentation to learn more.

If you have any questions about the implementation, please feel free to reach out. I would be happy to help!

Thanks,
Rueben

The user can still register in via google without ticking the checkbox. How do I disable it if the checkbox is not checked?

1 Like

Hi @benjamin203,

Thank you for your reply.

The user should not be able to sign up unless they have accepted the terms and conditions checkbox. I verified this behavior by testing it myself:

Have you made sure you have included mustAcceptTerms: true in your Auth0 Lock object?

If not, I recommend adding it to your Auth0 lock object so your users can sign up only if they click the terms checkbox.

May I help you with anything further?

Thanks,
Rueben

Hello Rueben,

Thanks for the reply,

It works on the Sign up section but on the “Log In” section I can click “Sign in with google” and create a new account without having to click the checkbox or even ever seeing it.

Hello rueben,

Looking foward to a reply from you regarding this issue. I tried my best to fix it on my own but it seems like I can’t do anything about it.

Hi @benjamin203,

Thank you for your responses.

What you have observed with the “Sign in with Google” button is normal behavior. And unfortunately, there is not much you can do to prevent Social Connections from logging in.

After discussing this with my colleague, one option is to use a Post-Login Action to deny these Social users from logging in until they have signed up to your app and accepted your privacy policy.

An alternative option is to use a Redirect Action to redirect your users who are logging in for the first time to another page to accept your privacy policy. Once they have accepted the terms, they can resume authentication as usual. This way, you can capture cases where Social users can log in without signing up and agreeing to your privacy policy.

Check out our How do I add Terms and Conditions using Rules? FAQ for more information.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.