How do I get the total users that match a particular query?

Is there a way to get the total number of users that match a query? I know the main getUsers queries are limited to 1000 users but I need to know how many users match a query like user.app_metadata.enterpriseuser=true.

Hey there @ml1,

I’ll look into this for you and let you know what I find. Thanks!

Following up @ml1,

You can leveraged the user export extension to pull your users and search the bulk output after selecting the metadata fields you are interested in. It is important to note that the export is an asynchronous job so it’s not setup for high frequency use. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks. I’m planning on building a task that runs to request and export and store the stats in a database. What is an acceptable interval to get that export? Hourly, daily?

This is tough to answer because it depends on the user base.

For example, with few users you could likely do it hourly with no issues, but the bigger question is should you do it. If you have a large user base that needs to be queried against in that fashion of an hourly basis there might be a better method on how to proceed forward.

However if it’s infrequently done, it shouldn’t be a problem in any case.

All of this can depends on a varying slide of data/users vs frequency. If you have more exact specifications you would like me to check on, please let me know. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.