How can I test breached-password detection, not the email template

Hello there.

Before creating this topic, I searched for my question here and on google and no success.
Only this topic is relevant, but although it’s closed, I couldn’t find the answer in the link suggested by @jerdog
Anyway, I’d like to specify my question. I want to test our application and how it behaves for a user, whose password was leaked.
By the way, the following text from here seems to be outdated (or maybe I don’t get it clearly):

You can customize blocked account emails. To test, enter the email address leak-test@example.com and password Paaf213XXYYZZ, and select a connection type. Click Try.

I don’t know where should I enter the password. And as I wrote, it helps (without the password) to test the configured template, not the integration of breached password detection with our app.

Best regards,
Pasha.

Hey @rockchild

Yes Its not very clear in this link but the test email and password to test breached-password detection are mentioned in this link as you highlighted:

To answer you question regarding the test:
Via Auth0 dashboard you can create a user on your db connection using the above email and password.
Dashboard → Users-> Create Users → Enter the above details and select your connection.

After that you can try to login on your app with that connection enabled and breached-password detection enabled you will see an error on your universal login page, if you login with the above credentials.

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
Sidharth

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t know you have to create it first. Perhaps, it should be mentioned in the doc.

Best regards,
Pasha

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.