- We need a list of users who were created after a particular date for reporting purposes
There are two ways to go about this:
- List users with Management API Get Users endpoint
You can search for users using the
GET /api/v2/users Management API endpoint with a filter. Here is an example:
https://example.auth0.com/api/v2/users?q=created_at:[2023-07-10T00:00:00.000Z TO 2023-07-18T00:00:00.000Z}
One limitation here is that this endpoint can return only up to 1000 users.
- Perform a bulk user export and filter the users
This method has the advantage that there is no 1000 user limit. The steps are:
- Perform a bulk user export via Management API or User Import-Export extension.
- Download and unzip the export file.
- Use a script or shell command to filter the users with the property you need.
Here is an example one-liner to get users created after a certain date:
cat example.json | jq -s '.' | jq '[. | select(.created_at > "2023-07-12T00:00:00.000Z")]'
In the above example, example.json is the export file, and it assumes you have the
jq tool installed.