General Intro to Password Protected Websites

Is there a general guide to creating websites behind authentication? I have followed all of the setup pages I can find, but it leaves me figuring out how to actually implement the website and have the user go somewhere to login in (and then see something behind the authentication). Feel that this may be outside the scope of Auth0 directly, but a link would be most appreciated!

I have traditionally run my websites with WordPress and thus Apache on my own server. Have a basic landing HTML page set up, configured according to Apache Quickstart, and have a folder that will require authentication where I plan to put more content. I have tried going directly to my Auth0 domain as well as creating a redirect on .com/login that takes me there after putting that as an “Allowed Web Origin” and the “Application Login URI”.

Feel that this must be simple, but I am stuck!

auth_openidc.conf is

<Location /var/www/<MySite>/private>
   AuthType openid-connect
   Require valid-user
   LogLevel debug
</Location>

Hi @atclaus

You want to integrate Auth0 with Wordpress, I think, So when a user logs in to one of your wordpress sites, they are using Auth0 to do so.

Info on that is here: https://auth0.com/wordpress

John

1 Like

Apologies @john.gateley. No I am just working in an Apache environment due to other (unrelated) WordPress applications on the same server. As such, I would think this new website would be built under an Apache framework too, but I may be mistaken.

I think a fresh day and seeing the problem new solved things. I got Auth0 working in Apache after some tweaks. One question from the Apache Quickstart that threw me: is the following block of text required in auth_openidc.conf or in the site Apache .conf? I found it to appear to be the later?

<Location /your_path>
   AuthType openid-connect
   Require valid-user
   LogLevel debug
</Location>