Game dev menu login test

Hello,
Is it possible to use this service without the requirement of installing some library? The thing is that I am trying to simulate a simple login screen in an unreal engine 4 (pure C++) project on my pc (just for test) but idont want to use some mysql+php solution… I browsed the Quick start section but there is only for c# and even that has the nuget package as a prerequisite…

thanks,
Martin

Hey @dev.virgil, welcome to the Auth0 Community!

After checking with one of our senior engineers I have been able to confirm there isn’t a a solution out of the box for what exactly what you are looking to do. It’s important to note that the SDKs are intended to make implementing authentication much easier.

From what I gather in your use case, leveraging the Universal Login to auth your players may not be ideal. However if you build a login page you should be able to make API calls to the Auth0 API to help authenticate your users and keep that in game experience. Here is some guidance on custom login UIs.

I also recommend checking out our latest blog post pertaining to gaming.

If you decide to build out this custom path, please let us know if you have any questions on the authentication call front.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.