Free plan - unable to create a new database

Hi,
I have a free plan that allows 10 free connections. I had 10 but deleted one 2 days ago.

Since then, I have the message : This tenant reached the limit of 10 available connections per the Auth0 Entity Limit policy

I have 8 database connections and 1 social database but can create a new database connection. Can you help me to understand why ?

Thanks

Hi @solenne,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I have just checked your tenant settings and found that you have 7 total connections, 6 of which are Database Connections and 1 Social Connection.

In this situation, you should be able to create 3 more Connections. Take note that the free subscription plan can only have a maximum of 10 connections, which includes database, social, and passwordless connections.

I have also tested this on my end on a free tenant and can confirm that I am limited to 10 Connections.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

hi Rueben,

Thanks for yiur answer.
On my prod tenant, I have 8 databases connections + 1 social connection. I know that with a free account I’m limited to 10 connections. That’s why I’ve deleted one to be able to create another one in place of.

But, even with 9 connections I’m not able to create a new one. I’ve always the message attached.

Thanks for your help.

@rueben.tiow do you have any thoughts on how I can create a new database connection ?

Hi @solenne,

Thanks for following up.

I see that on your prod tenant, you have 9 Connections, and I can confirm that your prod tenant has 8 database connections and 1 social connection enabled. Since you have not hit the limit of 10 connections, you should be able to create a new one.

On my end, I have tried to reproduce this issue but have not been able to replicate the same results.

In this situation, I recommend trying to log in to the Auth0 Dashboard with another web browser or use an incognito window to see if you can create a new connection.

If the issue persists, could you please create a new tenant to see if you can create 10 connections? This will, at least, rule out whether anything is going on with your session or tenant settings.

Thanks,
Rueben

@rueben.tiow I confirm taht my issue is that I have only 9 connections and I’m not able to create a new and last one.

I’ve tried to create a new one on a different laptop and even with an incognito but I’m still blocked because of the maximum number of connexions allowed (10).

It’s quite crazy !

Hi @solenne,

Thanks for the update and confirmation.

Have you had a chance to test your observations with your dev tenant or with a new tenant to see if you experience the same issue?

One more thing I would suggest trying is to check your tenant’s Database, Social, and Passwordless connections to see if you have anything enabled without noticing. There might be a lingering connection that was previously enabled somewhere.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow ,

We don’t experience this with another tenant as the other one we have doesn’t have all these connections and I don’t want to risk to be blocked also on this tenant.

I’ve gone through our connections and did not notice any connections that I was not aware. You’ve also checked and confirmed that we don’t reach our 10 connections.

This is really strange and is a blocking point for us.

Hi @solenne,

Thanks for the update.

Let me investigate further with our teams to see how we can proceed.

Thanks,
Rueben

HI @solenne,

Just providing an update that we are still looking into this issue and trying to resolve it.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi @rueben.tiow

Did you by chance had the time to investigate and found what’s the issue ?

Thanks

Hi @solenne,

Thanks for following up.

I have been working closely with our Engineers and learned that they are still troubleshooting the issue. I have also noticed this issue being reported by another user so we are actively looking into solving this.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @solenne,

Thank you for your patience.

I have just received an update from our Engineering team that you should be able to create your 10th connection now. Could you please give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow

I’ve tried and can now create a new database.
Thank yo so much for your help !
Have a nice day!

Solenne

1 Like

Hi @solenne,

I’m glad everything is working now!

Please reach out to us again if you have any additional problems.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.