Forgot Your Password? screen how to change the username label into Email

Hi Team,

I need your help. I have integrated the auth0 in react js application. forgot password screen the input field name shows like username instead of email. when I’m passing the user name the log shows the error Failed Change Password Request. I have attached a few screens below please take a look and help me out. I’m using @auth0/auth0-react npm.

auth0forgotpassword screen

Hi @Vijayan_Murugan , you can change it using the label placeholderUsername in the Text Customisation API:

1 Like

Can I get any sample for this? I can see a few of the screens under universal login.

where I can change the prompt. can you guide me in this?

Hi @Vijayan_Murugan - the New Universal Login currently has to be customised via its APIs, there aren’t ways to do this via the Dashboard.

Here is an example cURL command for changing the placeholder on the reset password request screen:

--url https://<YOUR_TENANT_DOMAIN>.auth0.com/api/v2/prompts/reset-password/custom-text/en \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer <YOUR_MANAGEMENT_API_TOKEN>\
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --data '{
	"reset-password-request": {
		"placeholderUsername":"Your email"
	}
}'

You would need to replace your tenant domain and provide a Management API token as the Bearer , please see here for more information on getting Management API tokens:

You can use tools like Postman or Insomnia to help you make API calls in an ad-hoc manner:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.