Flutter and Auth0

+1 for flutter support please. We really need it.

1 Like

+1 for support. I can hardly believe there is only basic community support for it even though the question was brought to your attention for over 2 years ago. I must say that my disappointment especially stems from the fact that a lot of corporate words were used that leave all of us with the same result as when the thread started: no official supportā€¦

We really do appreciate the feedback everyone is sharing here! In fact, weā€™ve been hard at work on getting more robust Flutter guidance out, however we want to make sure itā€™s on point before release. We will release on the horizon a blog post showing how to add login, logout, and retrieving user information. This is currently being externally reviewed and once thatā€™s ready we will publish the post. Thank you for caring and bringing all the use cases and +1s to this topic, it truly has helped bring the desire of this content to life!

3 Likes

Can we get a confirmation that you guys are releasing flutter official plugin soon? I just donā€™t understand clearly what you mean by Flutter guidance. Does this mean we are getting an official plugin or are we just getting a tutorial on how to use method channel and stuff to create our own login feature?

Hi @admin40, we will actually be releasing a tutorial to help others gets started faster on adding login, logout, and retrieving user information. We feel we donā€™t need to release a plugin as the current existing libraries cover the user authentication workflow quite well. As always we appreciate your interest and feedback on this content once itā€™s published!

3 Likes

Thats great to hear. I only recently came upon a project that requires auth0 integration so this is great timing. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

It should be here really soon! Weā€™ll let you know!

By really soon, would you say in days, weeks or months?

2 Likes

Once the tutorial has finished the review process and ready to be published we will be sure to share it here first :slight_smile: !

1 Like

We just got the information that the blog post is scheduled to go live this week!

The blog post is going live tomorrow!

1 Like

Once itā€™s there, please share any feedback you have in the thread that Jim linked above. Thank you!

1 Like

Itā€™s available :tada:! Please let us know your feedback on this tutorial and any challenges you face. Thank you!

1 Like

@James.Morrison Thanks for sharing this blog post. Quick questionā€¦ Do you know if the approach you have documented supports Flutter for Web as well? Building a web application with Flutter | Flutter

Iā€™m not a Flutter dev but as far as I remember it was supposed to be mobile only for now. Can you ask that question here:

Thank you!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Get Started with Flutter Authentication

+1 For an offcial Flutter SDK please

1 Like

Hi @ortizen, is there something specifically you are looking for in a SDK versus what is possible right now? Thank you for your feedback!

For now the only content we have on integrating with Flutter is this blog post:

+1 for official supportā€¦ or extending the flutter_appauth plugin you mention in the blog post to support Flutter Web. As evidenced by this thread, Flutter is quickly gaining traction and the idea of a frontend framework that can work on every platform working hand in hand with an identity provider that can authenticate with every backend is really appealing. And that includes web support, even though it is still experimental. And if itā€™s about a lack of resources, I wonder whether there couldnā€™t be a collaboration opportunity with Google, as such an official and comprehensive support would go a long way to promote Flutter for enterprise projects too. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes