Feature: New flow/action "Post Delete User"

Feature: I would suggest a new flow/action “Post Delete User”

Description: I would suggest a new flow/action “Post Delete User” similar to the flows “Post User Registration”, “Post Change Password”, … so that you can call some other services.

Use-case: If a user is deleted in Auth0 (manually or by API) then we would like to call some “clean-up” methods in other systems. This could be easily achieved with the new flow “Post Delete User”.
Currently you have to use the extension “Auth0 Management API Webhooks” in order to achieve this which means much more effort and complexity:
Is there any hook or call back when a user is deleted from auth0 dashboard? - Auth0 Community

This is a great suggestion. Thanks @jens.e!

5 Likes

I have this exact use case as well, any updates here?

2 Likes

Hey there!

Compared to other items in the product feedback backlog it still don’t have enough votes so we still need more people to advocate for that.

5 Likes

Our team would also like to see this feature!

Does a comment here count as a vote, or should we give this feedback through other channels?

Edit: Just saw the “Vote” button at the top of the page :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s exactly the button you need to hit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Post actions are usually async, which means that you wouldn’t be able to deny the deletion or guarantee that the deletion would succeed in the remote system.

I would suggest a synchronous Pre Delete User flow instead, which should allow you to do both.

Glen.

2 Likes

@gg-dev

Thanks for the added use case. I agree that would need to be handled in a synchronous pre action.

1 Like

@dan.woda or @konrad.sopala ,

How many votes would a feature request need to have to be implemented?

Hey there!

There’s no absolute number. Basically the decision is up to our product team but what they’re taking into consideration is (I’m just gonna mention a few factors):

• What type of the customers are the requests coming from? (enterprise, etc.)
  • How many people / companies are requesting certain features and how it looks like compared to other feature requests
  • How specific feature request is gonna affect our current stack (how much work / changes it require)
  • etc.

I’ll reach out to our product team to get their attention for that specific product request. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m trying to make synchronization to our custom store. When somebody delete user sing Auth0 UI we would like to delete this user internally as well… The Action for this can be helpful so i voted…

1 Like

Thanks for advocating for that!