Error when calling Authorization API: {"code":502,"message":"error fetching webtask code"}

I keep getting the above error when attempting to call the Authorization Extension API. The error occurs on multiple endpoints: users/{userId}/roles, users/{userId}/groups, ``

It seems to be sporadic and I can’t tell what might be causing it. Making the same call later will be successful.

I believe this might have started happening after the switch to the Node v8 engine for our tenant, but I can’t be sure.

Hey there @khumphrey and welcome to Auth0’s Community!

I would be happy to help you with this but I was wondering if you have any additional errors or details you can share with us rather through console or logs. I understand that the error is sporadic but do you see any patterns that can help us identify what may be occurring? Thanks in advance!

I don’t, unfortunately. We’re making a REST request to the API and that is the deserialized response we received.

It’s a standard request. I can issue the same request from Postman immediately after a failure and that request will succeed. It seems something fails to initialize in the API.

Is there logging in the extension to see what might be happening?

Give this a shot @khumphrey and we may be able to find out a bit more details on what is exactly happening here. Thanks!

I have that extension installed and have used it to debug custom rules, but it seems to just be realtime. Do I need to leave the browser window open to capture logs or can previous logs be searched/monitored?

This will allow you to capture details in real time as they happen which will give us a window as long as it’s running to find more information on the code 502 errors. Leveraging the output will allow us to know where to look from there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.