"error in email - email format validation failed" by using /dbconnections/signup

Hi,
to register new user we implemented /dbconnections/signup into our Xamarin Android and IOS app. In 99% of all registrations everythink works correct.

But we have some users which cannot register and get the error message

{ “error”:“error in email - email format validation failed: name@domain.de”}

I checked the address and calls and email, password, connection and client_id are set correctly.

As I checked the mail addresses which failed are not blacklisted and is well formed. If I try to enter an really invalid mail address (like spaces insight) I get the same error, but then it’s ok.

Is there any internal email validation inside the api call? I don’t have any other rules etc.

Another question regarding that. I cannot see sees failed registrations inside the log. Is there a way that these error will be logged too? User which enters the mail address twice for example will be logged.

Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards,
Tobias

Hi @t.albers,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please provide an example of the email that if failing validation? If it is sensitive, you can DM it to me directly.

I am seeing a failed signup log (type: ‘fs’) when a user provides the same email twice to the /dbconnections/signup endpoint.

Closing this topic due to no response.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.