DokuWiki and Auth0 with OAuth plugin

I was wondering if there was someone here who had set up Auth0 for dokuwiki. I am trying to set up SSO accross my domains and subdomains using Auth0. My WordPress blog works with the Auth0 Plugin and didn’t require a lot of technical skill for me to implement and set up. I have no idea how to set up Auth0 with DokuWiki however.

I am using the OAuth Plugin for DokuWiki, and have filled in the necessary fields for it to function on DokuWiki such as client id, domain, and client secret. Checked more than twice. I am using the same application I am using for the wordpress plugin, but I am not really sure if that is what I am supposed to do. I am utterly clueless as to what to do or how to set up an Auth0 authentication for my dokuwiki.

The site in question is: wiki.fulaus.com

Pls send help

What is the error that you are recieving?

This page isn’t working

wiki.fulaus.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

And sometimes:

If it redirects back, which it doesn’t do all the time and it is kinda random.

Auth0 did not provide the needed user info. Can’t log you in

I also think I might just not be doing the other part correctly, the part where I set up the application in Auth0.

500 Seems to be coming from your server internals, are there any server side logs you have access to? Looking at the plugin source https://github.com/cosmocode/dokuwiki-plugin-oauth/blob/master/classes/Auth0Adapter.php#L25 it seems that the plugin was last updated in 2016, it seems to me that the plugin might not be in sync with our latest features etc esp this line https://github.com/cosmocode/dokuwiki-plugin-oauth/blob/master/classes/Auth0Adapter.php#L25. As the plugin is requesting the username and email from Auth0 you’ll need to explicitely request username and email on top of OPENID. I recommend opening a bug with the repository to update the plugin.

1 Like

Would this work?

I opened up a bug in the plugin and it seems as if it is not being maintained anymore, is there anything I can do to fix the bug myself? Do you think you could open up a pull request and suggest some fix for this? I am absolutely clueless as to what to do here.

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?