/dbconnections/change_password does not redirect after changing the password

Hi,
In my SPA I prevent users from signing up and instead am able to create new users through the SPA. I use the /api/v2/users endpoint in the management API to create the user and then I use /dbconnections/change_password of the authentication API to send the new user a password reset email. In the email template if a user is not verified it will change the wording to be a welcome email.

This all works great but there is one hitch. After the user resets their password they are not redirected to my SPA. In fact there isn’t even a message about successfully changing the password which has caused some users to rapidly submit the form multiple times and be locked out. In the reset password email template the Redirect To is {{ application.callback_domain }}. This works if I use the forgot my password button in the login page but not when using the authentication API.

Am I missing something? Or is this just not a feature of that API? I know the management API’s /api/v2/tickets/password-change endpoint has a result_url parameter but that just gives me a link and doesn’t send an email.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Likes

After opening a support ticket and getting help, it turns out I was using the wrong clientId. It needs to be the same clientId as the app where you defined the allowed callback urls.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing it with the rest of community and glad you have it working now!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.