Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Data Sovereignty

Hi,

I’ve asked the question of sales twice now but haven’t had a response, so hoping someone here can help resolve a question?

We have a data sovereignty requirement for a new project and I need to determine that if we create an Australian based tenant that all of the user data is stored within Australia or not? When creating a new tenant, selecting a region displays text that kind of implies that data would stay in Australia, however a clause in the Privacy Policy states that all data will reside on Auth0’s servers in the US.

Cheers,
Russ

I’m looking for the same information. When I store my users name in my tenant.au.auth0.com account, where does that actually get stored? We need this information for compliance.

Hi gremwell,

Apologies for not putting this on the topic, but I eventually got this reply from Auth0 support a couple of weeks ago:

In response to your initial question. Auth0’s public cloud has multiple regions (Australia, UK and The US). If you were to create a tenant in Australia, the Data would reside in our AWS instance in Sydney. I hope that helps answer your questions.

If you need confirmation from Auth0 directly, the contact that replied was: Michael Robinson

Cheers,
Russ