Custom Database Login Script and PreRegistration Action

Hi!

1. I have a customer db script which basically makes a REST pseudo-login call to our API. We are doing lazy User import so this works fine. The Login call goes to Auth0->fails since the user does not exist->POSTS a pseudo-login to our API->and then the user’s creds get stored in Auth0.

2. For Registration, I have a PreRegistration hook that basically makes a POST call to our API to create the user in our application. Ostensibly the flow is then supposed to create the User in Auth0.

HOWEVER - it looks like Auth0 is invoking the Login script in #1 - which always fails since our application will not store passwords for new users (the passwords should only exist in Auth0.

Has anyone run into this before? I can’t find any documentation anywhere describing this flow. Nowhere does it say the Custom Login script is invoked during User creation.

Any pointers would be appreicated.

Thanks!

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon in favor of Actions, I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!