Custom Database Scripts migration to Auth0 actions

Hello!

Two weeks ago I got an email with a reminder that I need to update my tenat settings to Node.js 12. I did that without any problems. But in this email it is also written: “Migrate your Custom Database Scripts, Rules and Hooks to Auth0 Actions on the Node 16 runtime”. And I am not sure if I understand this correctly.
Does it mean that I need to rewrite my “Login” and “Get user scripts”, which are located in “Database Action Scripts” as Actions and add them to “Login” flow? If yes, how do I configure separate flows for two aplications? Because now I have two aplications and each of them has its own database with different login credentials (one app is for testing purposes, and the other runs in live system) and as I understand, in Actions window I can configure flows for all tenant applications.
I really hope that “Database Action Scripts” and “Custom Database Scripts” ar not the same thing and I do not need to do any changes in it, but I just want to be sure. :smiley:

Thanks for the replys in advance!

Hi @dovilekrivi,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you are looking for some clarification on the Action Required email reminder that was sent to you.

First, I’d like to clarify that the Custom Database Script and Database Action Scripts are synonymous with one another. Therefore, you do not need to rewrite your Login and Get User scripts in your Custom Database.

If you are using Rules and Hooks, then you will need to migrate to Auth0 Actions.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I’d be happy to clarify.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello @rueben.tiow,

everything is clear now, thank you.

Have a nice day! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.