Custom Database Connection on a Testing/Staging Tenant Free Plan

Hi,

We’re currently using the Custom Database feature to allow for our application to authenticate user’s credentials against our own database. As I understand it, this requires a subscription to the Professional plan, which we have on our production tenant. However, we also have this feature enabled on a second tenant used for testing changes to the custom scripts that call our API. This testing tenant doesn’t have any paid subscriptions, and a banner shows at the top of the page saying that the feature isn’t included in our current plan, but it still seems to be working. I am confused as to why this is the case.

Given this, I have three questions:

• Is this functionality in any danger of no longer working on my testing tenant?
  • If a paid subscription is required for using custom database scripts, and subscriptions seem to work on a per-tenant basis, how can any changes made to the custom database scripts be tested?
  • Considering this feature seems to be working on our tenant without a paid subscription, is our paid subscription actually needed at all?

Any clarification would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you for posting @tom.brown !

All tenants without a paid subscription on a trial period can access all the paid features, allowing you to test them.
Another way would be to Link Multiple Tenants to a Single Subscription, this is available for an Enterprise subscription.

Please let us know if you have any questions on that!

Hi @marcelina.barycka, thanks for that, but I think my development tenant still seems to have this functionality despite its trial having run out. Is there a limited number of uses on this feature for free-tier tenants?

You’re welcome @tom.brown !

To get more info on that, would you be open to creating a new test user in your external database and then performing a login? This way we would see if the free Auth0 tenant still performs external calls to your database API.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.