Using Custom Database on Free Plan

Hi all,

I’m a student and have been working on my side-project, an application which uses a MongoDB database to store user information. I’ve set up a custom database connection on Auth0 so that Auth0 would handle the authentication through MongoDB. While I was reading the guide on custom databases, I saw the ‘Your Auth0 subscription plan affects the availability of some features’ notification.

As I’m on the free plan, what I would like to know is whether this feature is also available on the free plan or if it requires a pro plan. I watched osme YouTube videos and it looks like there used to be a notification about this feature being restricted to Enterprise, but I didn’t see that notification when setting up my own custom database, so I’m not sure.

Thank you for your help!

Hi @pouria,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Custom Database connections start at the Pro plan. If you go to our pricing page and click the Compare Plans button you can see the breakdown.

Depending on your situation, you could potentially apply for the startup plan, but that has some additional requirements.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.