Cryptic access_denied when attempting to authenticate with Twitter

From the Auth0 dashboard, I’m trying to test my Twitter connection. Unfortunately, I keep getting access_denied as an error.

This is only happening on one of my tenant accounts. My other account authorizes twitter just fine. I’m using different API keys and secrets for both (separate Twitter applications) as well as different callback URLs (with their respective tenant domains). I honestly have no idea what to do.

I changed my tenant name, and everything works normally. I dunno if there’s some type of parsing issue with hyphens in the subdomain on either Twitter’s or Auth0’s end.

UPDATE:
For whatever reason my auth stopped working again, so changing the tenant name didn’t do anything.

1 Like

Perfect! Glad you have figured it out and thanks for sharing with the rest of community!

The issue might have to do with a custom rule set up that communicates with an external DB. For anyone who’s auth is acting wonky, look into any custom rules and webhooks you’ve set up that might be causing issues.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that @user234748!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.