Cross origin login is not supported in popup mode

I’m getting this issue only on localhost:
‘Cross origin login is not supported in popup mode’.

Weirdly, most team members can run it locally fine. I get it across browsers.

We are using auth0-lock ^10.22.0.

The use of cross-origin authentication in Lock implies the oidcConformant toggle and that, as far as I’m aware, will mean that popup mode is not supported (this situation is described in Lock’s repository). This means that the surprising situation is not your own situation where the error would be expected, but the situation of the other team members.

Have in mind that official support for the oidcConformant toggle only landed in Lock 10.22+ despite previous versions already including the toggle. Based on this I would check if everyone on team is using the latest version of Lock as previous versions may not include the error and give the illusion that enabling oidcConformant (kind of) works even in popup mode.

This was incredibly helpful, thank you. For now I’ve reverted to using 10.15.1 locally as a workaround. Is there any good way you can think of to allow localhost testing with 10.22, or is that just not possible under this configuration?

This was incredibly helpful, thank you. For now I’ve reverted to using 10.15.1 locally as a workaround. Is there any good way you can think of to allow localhost testing with 10.22, or is that just not possible under this configuration?

The localhost thing I’m assuming is because the Dashboard does not allow a localhost-based URL for the cross-origin setting. However, for development purposes you can just point a test domain to 127.0.0.1 or use something like *.localtest.me](http://readme.localtest.me/).