Control flow of Organization Invitation towards login instead of signup

Hi all!

This topic is about the Invitation as part of the Organization feature.
Adding the inviteticket and organization id as query parameters towards the call to /authorize will make the flow end up at /u/signup/invitation, which is great because the invited email address can then be used to create a new identity/account.

What I’m looking for here is the scenario that the identity/account already exists. Trying to then ‘login’ will result in an ‘Error, please try again’ because the account already exists. (Not the best UX yet).
There is a button though on the signup prompt that says: Already have an account click here the login, which takes you to: /u/login/invitation, which is the correct location to go to in this scenario.

Now my question is, can we force direct the invitation towards the login part of the invitation? So that the /authorize redirects directly towards /u/login/invitation instead of /u/signup/invitation.

I’ve experimented with prompt=login and screen_hint=login (in addition to the org_id and invitationticket), but no luck. But I also didn’t expect this to work yet, since it’s not documented anywhere.

Best,
Rutger

8 Likes

Also experiencing the same issue.
Tried the prompt and screen_hint and it doesn’t work.

Our users getting errors cause we can’t control that from outside.

Any solution?

I’m experiencing the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution?

1 Like

We are seeing the same thing. Why isn’t Auth0 checking that the user already exists and is simply being added as a new member?

I would also like to know if there is something we can do here.

When a user (who already has an account) clicks the invite email and goes to the invite “screen” they automatically start to “login” and don’t realise they are actually on the signup page. Auth0 should already know if this user has an account and should default to login.

Many thanks,
Scott

I am also looking for the same. Precisely a way to tell auth0 to redirect to /u/login/invitation instead of /u/signup/invitation as the user already exists. This way we can utilize this flow to add a user as a member of an organization when they choose to accept the invitation by logging in. Is there a way to add this info in the invitation payload, I see the invitation API call accepts the below payload
{ "inviter": { "name": "string" }, "invitee": { "email": "string" }, "client_id": "string", "connection_id": "string", "app_metadata": {}, "user_metadata": {}, "ttl_sec": 0, "roles": [ "string" ], "send_invitation_email": true }
Has any one played with it? Is there a solution possible

1 Like

Is there any update on this topic? The current behavior is very confusing as the page really looks like the login page and only a small button indicates that you have to switch to the login. Everywhere else in the New Universal Login you would start with the login and have the button to switch to the registration. It would be good to keep the logic at least the same above the different screens

Would also be interested in a solution. In our case: when you are already member of Organization A and you get an invitation from Organization B (with different Logo and potential colors) how should you even know to use the same password from Organization A? and then how should you know to click on “Login” versus “accept Invitation”? This does not make sense… there must be a different way.

This is really bad UX.

This is an issue for us as well

Is this UX intended, or is this currently being addressed? We would like an answer, because the work around to this bad UX feels more like a hack than an intended solution.

1 Like

Hey there @nicholas.burnette welcome to the community! Totally agree the current flow is not ideal :confused: It’s currently in our backlog to allow for treating as a login, but I am unfortunately unable to offer any timeline as to when it might get implemented.

Much needed feature.