Clarification on what an "enterprise connection" is

Hi there, I’m a developer looking to implement SSO for our company. I see under the B2B tier on the pricing page that both the “essentials” plan and the “professional” plan come with only 3 enterprise connections, and I want to make sure that I’m correctly understanding what an enterprise connection is.

In this scenario, we only have one app, hosted at (for example) myapp.com, i.e. no subdomains; all of our customers interact with the app at myapp.com (similar model as Dropbox and Airtable). I want to set up a mapping from email domain → IdP metadata for that app. My understanding is that each set of IdP metadata is an enterprise connection. For example, if we have a customer Acme and a customer Contoso that are separate companies that both happen to want to use SAML with Okta, that would be 2 separate enterprise connections.

My questions:

1. Is this understanding correct?
  2. If so, what does the pricing look like for many customers? 3 enterprise connections is wayyyyy too few.

Hi @abrahamlincolnblockc

(My second reply to you today!)

You are correct about Enterprise connections - each SAML connection counts as 1.
You’ll have to talk to Sales about pricing, I don’t know the answer to that.

John

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.