Celebrate Hacktoberfest 2018 with Auth0

We at Auth0 are excited to announce our participation in this years Hacktoberfest!

About Hacktoberfest

DigitalOcean, GitHub, and - new for this year - Twilio have partnered up for a month-long celebration of open-source software (OSS). This takes place from October 1st to October 31st inclusive, and you can sign up at any time during the month. This event facilitates the ability to be a part of a growing movement to encourage and contribute to open-source software.

How Do I Get Involved?

Submit 5 or more pull requests and get an exclusive Hacktoberfest t-shirt courtesy DigitalOcean, GitHub & Twilio.

What If I Submit to an Auth0 Project?

All of our qualifying projects can be found on our primary GitHub organization, as well as our community organization. We will be sending out a kickass 2018 Hacktoberfest t-shirt courtesy of the awesome Auth0 team, along with a psychedelic Auth0 sticker pack!

Please make sure to submit your contributions in this Google form and we will follow up at the end of October/beginning of November to get your details: Auth0 Hacktoberfest Participation

Are you a first time contributor ?

Make sure to give our A First Timers Guide to an Open Source Project a read through to get you started!

You can also find our full announcement about our participation in this yearā€™s Hacktoberfest in our blog post here: https://auth0.com/blog/celebrate-hacktoberfest-with-auth0/

Happy Hacking!! :fallen_leaf: :computer:

I contributed yesterday with a 0 conflict commit. But it was not merged due to being a cpp code and java repo. So, my question is, is merging necessary criteria for earning the the hacktoberfest swags?
What will happen not as my contribution was not merged(pull request closed) at auth0 repo.

Hey! I contributed today in GitHub - auth0/id-generator: Generates random ids with a prefix (a la Stripe) with a 0 conflict commit.

@rb007123 can you share, or DM me, the link to your PR and we can take a look?

I submitted a PR 5 days ago that has yet to be reviewed: Add more unit tests by cfreksen Ā· Pull Request #164 Ā· auth0/auth0-python Ā· GitHub
What happens with respect to hacktoberfest if this is not reviewed today?

My PR was merged in one of the repos ~15 days ago and I filled up the Google form for swag redemption. However, I havenā€™t received any email yet reg. it, now that Hacktoberfest is over. When should I be expecting it? Thanks

Thank you @vinayak42, @cfreksen and all others who contributed. We are processing all contributions and will be sending something out soon to all valid submissions.

:+1:ā€¦Fingers crossed
My 5 PRs got merged.

I submitted a PR in October but it didnā€™t get mergedā€¦ Iā€™m guessing that means Iā€™m out of the running as far as t-shirts go?

:wave: @berry120 not necessarily! I will take a look at the PR with my team and get back to you shortly.

We havenā€™t sent out any updates yet as we are still reviewing all incoming PRs from Hacktoberfest.

Ah, thanks very much for still considering it!

Hi @kimcodes, I have submitted a PR. But hasnā€™t been merged yet. Iā€™d really appreciate it if you could take a look at it.
https://github.com/auth0-community/auth0-falcor-sample/pull/10

We have received a ton of great submissions and are furiously reviewing them. You should be receiving an email soon (or already received) with next steps needed, but know that we are pedaling as fast as we can!

2 Likes

Ahoy, I might have ducked up and did not fill out the original google form which is now closed - any way to fix this?

@napstr can you DM me the PR(s) you made? I can take a look.

@kimcodes, @jerdog, Hello!
Can you please give a feedback of hacktoberfest results?
When do you think the mail should be expected?

1 Like

:wave: @kedMertens if you completed a PR you should have received an email requesting your tshirt size, you will have an update this week! thank you for your being so patient with us :smiley: