Cannot use Yahoo Social connection since 5 days

Hello.

Since five days, trying to log using Yahoo gives users a host connection error.

More precisely :

“connection”: “yahoo”,
“error”: {
“message”: “InternalOAuthError: Failed to obtain request token (status: 502 data: \n\nCould Not Connect\n\n\n<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black">\n

Could Not Connect

\n
\n\n<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial">\nDescription: Could not connect to the requested server host.\n\n
\n\n)”,
“oauthError”: “access_denied”,
“type”: “oauth-authorization”
}

Can you check on your side please?

Hey there @jlannoy, I’m sorry to hear of your recent issues with the Yahoo Social connection. One of our team members ran against this issue back in August and I’m going reference him here and the solution he posed. If you could give it a shot and let me know if it resolves the issue I’d be happy to dive in further if more assistance is needed. Thanks!

Auth0 Yahoo social connection is using OAuth1.0 flow and this seems to be broken on Yahoo end. Other people using Yahoo OAuth are reporting similar problems over the last few days: E.g.; https://twitter.com/buxfer/status/1029427896509591553

We have an alternative solution which uses OAuth2 flow. From the dashboard, it isn’t possible to set it but using the management API you could update.

I’ve outlined the steps below;

1- Using fetch all the connections API get all the connections and find the Yahoo from the returned list.

2- Patch the connection for Yahoo adding protocol:'oauth2' in the options object.

Make sure to copy the entire options attribute (the API only patches the first level, you need to set all the attributes inside options to avoid it to be overridden)

{
  "options": {
      "protocol": "oauth2",
      "client_id": "...", // replace with your app credentials
      "client_secret": "...",
      "profile": true,
      ... // any other attribute in options
    },
}

I wanted to follow up @jlannoy and see if you have any additional questions on this front. Please let me know if I can help in any way, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.