Cannot complete onboarding - 404 when creating first tenant

Ready to post? :magnifying_glass_tilted_right: First try searching for your answer.

I created a new Auth0 account, but I cannot complete the initial onboarding.

On the profile setup page, clicking “Company” immediately redirects to a 404 page.

Clicking the “advanced settings” checkbox also immediately redirects to the same 404 page.

I have already tried the following:

  • Allowed all cookies
  • Logged out and logged back in
  • Used Google Chrome
  • Accessed the Auth0 Management Dashboard directly

However, accessing the Management Dashboard redirects me back to the initial profile setup page.

Because of this issue, I cannot complete onboarding or create my first Auth0 tenant.

I also tried to create a support ticket through the Auth0 Support Center, but the option to create a new support ticket is not available to me.

I am trying to create a staging tenant for my web application.

Could Auth0 Support please check or reset the onboarding state of my account so that I can complete the setup and create my first tenant?

Thank you.

Hi @admin109

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Currently, there are no reported issues on the Auth0’s side regarding the onboarding process of a new Auth0 account and tenant creation.

As far as I have tested from my end, I wasn’t able to reproduce this behaviour regardless of region or selected account type. I would highly recommend troubleshooting the issue by:

  1. Direct Tenant Creation Route:
    Log in and navigate directly to:

    • https://manage.auth0.com/#/tenant/create or https://manage.auth0.com/

    • If prompted, manually enter a unique tenant name and region. This will bypass the “Account Type” questionnaire and provision your primary tenant directly.

  2. Access via Auth0 Teams / Accounts Portal:

    • Go directly to https://accounts.auth0.com/.

    • Sign in with your existing credentials. If you are redirected to the Teams/Accounts dashboard, look for the Create Tenant or Tenants menu option.

  3. Check for any proxies or vpn set up on your internet connection which might interfere with the tenant creation process.

If the issue persists, please send us a DM to the @support group in order to submit a support ticket to have the matter investigated further.

Kind Regards,
Nik