Auth0 onboarding redirects to 404 after selecting Account Type

Ready to post? :magnifying_glass_tilted_right: First try searching for your answer.
Hello,

I am trying to complete the initial Auth0 account onboarding and access the Auth0 Dashboard for the first time.

After authentication, I reach the “Account Type” onboarding screen asking whether the account is being created for “Company” or “Personal” use.

Selecting either Company or Personal immediately redirects me to a public Auth0 404 — page not found page. I am therefore unable to complete the onboarding or reach the Dashboard.

I have reproduced the issue:

  • in a normal browser session;
  • in a private/incognito session;
  • after authenticating again;
  • with both “Company” and “Personal” selections.

Authentication itself appears to work correctly: I can sign in successfully to the Auth0 Support Center and I was also able to authenticate and create this Auth0 Community profile.

The problem therefore seems specific to the initial account onboarding/profile provisioning or the redirect that occurs after selecting the Account Type.

Could an Auth0 team member please check whether my account/profile is stuck in an incomplete onboarding state or whether the tenant provisioning/redirect associated with my account needs to be reset?

I can provide screenshots and additional browser information if needed.

Thank you.

Hi @werson.rego

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Upon creating your Auth0 account, you should be prompted to create a tenant. Could you provide screenshots as you have mentioned with the steps you are taking during the onboarding process in order to understand better where you are being redirected?

Additionally, have you attempted to Log in using the information in the onboarding process in order to see if the account has been created successfully and see if you are redirected to the tenant creation page as expected?

Kind Regards,
Nik

Hi Nik,

I am experiencing the same issue today, September 16, 2026.

After successfully authenticating, I am redirected to the Auth0 /profile onboarding page. I select Personal as the Account Type and click Next, but instead of being taken to the tenant creation page, I am redirected to a public Auth0 404 – Page Not Found page.

I also tried accessing the Auth0 Dashboard directly after authentication. Instead of reaching the tenant creation page, I am redirected back to /profile, so the onboarding process cannot be completed.

Authentication itself appears to be working correctly. I can successfully authenticate to the Auth0 Support Center and Auth0 Community.

The sequence I am seeing is:

Authentication → /profile → Account Type: Personal → Next → Auth0 404

And when trying the Dashboard directly:

Dashboard → /profile → Account Type → Next → Auth0 404

So, in my case as well, the tenant creation step is never reached.

I can provide screenshots of the /profile page and the resulting 404 page if that would help investigate the issue.

Thank you.

I am creating a new Auth0 Free company account.
I need the tenant to be created in the Europe (EU) data region.
After authenticating, I am redirected to /profile. I select Company and Advanced Settings, but after clicking Next I am redirected to an Auth0 404 page.
The same issue occurs in Incognito mode and when trying to access the Management Dashboard directly.
No tenant has been created yet.
Please reset/fix the onboarding state so I can reach the Tenant Domain and Region step and create the tenant in Europe (EU). I do not want a US-region tenant to be provisioned.

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delayed response on the matter.

This 404 — Page Not Found error during initial onboarding occurs when your central Auth0 identity account (which allows login to the Support Center and Community forum) has been created, but initial tenant provisioning failed to link or complete during the redirect step.

When you select Company or Personal, the onboarding wizard attempts to forward you to the tenant provisioning service or an auto-generated tenant Dashboard URL (e.g., manage.auth0.com/dashboard/{region}/{tenant_name}). If the initial tenant was never initialized, corrupted during creation, or routed to a deprecated onboarding route, the platform drops you onto the generic 404 page.

[Recommended Workarounds]

Before Auth0 Support can intervene, try these direct URLs to bypass the step:

  1. Direct Tenant Creation Route:
    Log in and navigate directly to:

    • https://manage.auth0.com/#/tenant/create or https://manage.auth0.com/

    • If prompted, manually enter a unique tenant name and region. This will bypass the “Account Type” questionnaire and provision your primary tenant directly.

  2. Access via Auth0 Teams / Accounts Portal:

    • Go directly to https://accounts.auth0.com/.

    • Sign in with your existing credentials. If you are redirected to the Teams/Accounts dashboard, look for the Create Tenant or Tenants menu option.

If You Need Support / Provisioning Reset

Since you can sign in to the Auth0 Support Center and the Community Forum, submit a ticket to have your onboarding profile reset:

  1. Open a Support Ticket Directly:

    • Go to the Auth0 Support Center .

    • Click Open Ticket.

    • Under the Affected Tenant dropdown, select your account/identifier or specify that this is an Onboarding / Account Provisioning issue.

    • State that the initial tenant generation failed and that your account is stuck in an incomplete onboarding loop returning a 404.

  2. Information to Include:

    • The exact email address associated with your Auth0 account.

    • The destination URL from your browser address bar when the 404 page loads.

    • A note that you have already tested across normal/incognito sessions, multiple browsers, and both account type selections.

If you are unable to create a support ticket, please send us a DM to the @support group with the email used for the Auth0 account in order to submit a support ticket on your behalf.

Kind Regards,
Nik

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the clarification and for providing these workarounds.

Your explanation was very helpful, especially in confirming that the 404 can occur when the Auth0 account identity is created but the initial tenant provisioning or association does not complete correctly.

I’ll try the suggested paths to create/access the tenant through the Management Dashboard and the Accounts/Teams portal.

If the issue persists, I’ll follow your recommendation and contact Support to request a reset of the onboarding/provisioning state.

Thank you again for your help and for clarifying what is happening behind the scenes.

Best regards,
Marcus

Hi Nick,

I’ve now tested the suggested workarounds.

Accessing the Management Dashboard redirects me back to the Account Type onboarding page. After selecting Company and clicking Next, I still get the 404 at auth0.com/profile.

I also tried accessing the Accounts/Teams portal directly. In this case, the authentication flow reaches accounts.auth0.com/callback, but returns an “Invalid Request Error” page.

So unfortunately both suggested paths are still failing for this account. It appears that the onboarding/provisioning state may indeed need to be reset.

Could you please advise me on the next step or help me get this escalated to Support?

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,
Marcus

I have the same onboarding issue. After signing in, I reach auth0.com/profile. Selecting Personal and clicking Next leads to an Auth0 404 page. Opening manage.auth0.com redirects me back to the same profile step. I cannot reach tenant creation or the Dashboard. Could the Auth0 team check whether my account is stuck in an incomplete onboarding state and help reset or complete it?

I am experiencing the same onboarding issue.
After authentication, selecting either Company or Personal redirects me to an Auth0 404 page.
https://manage.auth0.com/#/tenant/create also returns me to the same onboarding flow, and https://accounts.auth0.com/ results in BadRequestError.
No tenant has been created yet.
I would like to create a tenant in the Japan region.
Could you please reset or repair my onboarding / tenant provisioning state?
I can provide screenshots if needed.

I can sign in, but creating my first tenant is blocked. After I select Personal and click Next, Auth0 shows a 404. The direct tenant creation URL also returns me to the same onboarding flow. Please reset or repair my tenant provisioning.