Cannot change "resendText" key for custom prompt text via Management API

Hi, I believe I found a bug, or otherwise a documentation error. According to this page, the screen reset-password-email has a custom text option for the key resendText. However when I try to PUT this via the Management API with this body (redacted for clarity):

{"reset-password-email":{"resendText":"example text"}}

…I get the following error:

{"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"Invalid key \"resendText\" in screen \"reset-password-email\".","errorCode":"invalid_body"}

This also happens when I try the API via the web interface. It has worked before because we applied these translations a couple of months ago with the same configuration. I also get this structure when I perform a GET for this prompt (also redacted):

So the current structure matches what I am PUTting, but it won’t accept it anymore it seems. Has this key been renamed, or is this a bug in the API?

Hi @p.kruithof,

Welcome back to the Auth0 Community!

Can you post the entire request you’re trying (please obfuscate sensitive data like tokens or secrets)?

curl -XPUT -H 'Authorization: Bearer <token>' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"reset-password-email":{"resendText":"Heb je geen e-mail ontvangen?"}}' https://dev-pararius-office.eu.auth0.com/api/v2/prompts/reset-password/custom-text/nl

response:

{"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"Invalid key \"resendText\" in screen \"reset-password-email\".","errorCode":"invalid_body"}

Hi @dan.woda, any updates about this perhaps?

Hi @p.kruithof,

Sorry for the delay. It looks like resendText should be resendLinkText. I’m not sure if this has changed since our discussion, or if it was a simple typo. Hope this helps.

Thank you, that fixes the issue indeed! I see that the documentation now also states this, so that seems to have been updated in the mean time.

1 Like

Great. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.