Can I use {{ connection.metadata }} inside custom email templates?

I set some metadata at my connection, and want to use the metadata in custom emails from each connection. Is there a way to access this variable in custom email templates?

At this time, connection metadata is not available as far as I’m aware. Per (Customize Email Templates) the name of the connection may be available in some templates, but not metadata.

You should leave feedback about your use case through Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone..

1 Like

You know if I can make it available in any way? Using a rule, per example.

I don’t believe there would be a way; what’s your overall use case? As in, what’s the requirement behind the need for different templates? There may be alternative flows, but with regards to connection metadata in templates I don’t believe that would be possible.

My application can be configured as a whitelabel. Then I create via API a connection for each customer. That way, the same email could have different passwords for each landing page (whitelabel). What I lack is to be able to customize the account confirmation emails with color, logo and redirect url for each customer.

I see, I’m afraid the white-label scenario is one where at this time we don’t have a really good story for if using a single tenant for all the white-label applications. It could technically be possible to achieve greater white-label flexibility by having individual tenants, but managing/having multiple tenants may also get complex fast.

Another current limitation for white-label within a single tenant is that each tenant can only be configured with one custom domain and in some situation you would likely want a customized custom domain as well.

I understand, this here was my last hope, already had studied a little.

Last question. Do you know if I can request from an API using the liquid syntax inside the email template? Or using a rule?

Rules can indeed perform external API calls and in the scope of rules I believe connection metadata is even available, however, to my knowledge you won’t be able to do that from the email templates themselves.