Attributes not available in email template for users from custom database

Background: We are using a custom database to perform automatic user migration.

It is specified here that user_metadata should be available when using html + liquid syntax email templating for the Change Password email. However, I’ve found that this is only the case for users who have been stored in auth0’s database (i.e. who have been migrated from our custom database to auth0). For non-migrated users we only have access to user.email.

I have confirmed that the getByEmail script is returning the desired values. Given the fact that this script returns a user profile, I would expect it to be available to us in the email templates.

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug/oversight?

Hi there @louise, I apologize for the delay in response.

I wanted to follow up and see if you were able to overcome your custom email template hurdle. I have included our documentation as well for a point of reference for historical sake. If by change you are still running into issues with this I would be happy to help!

However, due to the age of this topic I will keep it open for ten days unless i hear otherwise from you. Thank you.

In the Block Account Email Template, For custom database users, auth0 is returning only the user.email. Auth0 is not returning user.user_metadata.locale
I had checked the user’s rawjson. There is user_metadata.locale information in the user profile.
but when I debug this in Block Account Email Template auth0 returns only email address.
This issue is only with custom database users.
In the case of auth0 database users, auth0 is returning user.user_metadata.locale.

and I am still facing the issue kindly resolved this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.