Callback url does not work on Android after first time

Hello,

I use universal login with my Android app. When I try to login to an account for the first time, a browser tab is opened, universal login is shown and after I enter the user credentials, it redirects to my App and I get user details. Until now, there is no problem.

However, if I restart or even reinstall my app, when my app opens the browser tab to show universal login page, it actually shows an error “Cannot get /android/{my_app_id}/callback”. I think universal login automatically signs in but cannot redirect to mobile app after this. Only solution is to reset the mobile emulator data.

I am currently developing the app and it is not in production yet. I don’t have this problem with iOS. During setup I added the redirect activity to Android manifest. I set the domain, path and scheme correctly. I set the callback url in Auth0 panel correctly. As I told, it works fine for the first time.

I did no other thing besides these. How can I solve this problem?

During my search I found that you can add app links to Auth0. Do I need to set that? Is it related to this problem?

Anybody has a solution for this? There is a problem with the auth0 auth mechanism here.

I changed scheme from https to my package id and it works now.

1 Like

Super cool to hear that and thanks for sharing with the rest of community!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.