Bulk import job is pending for hours

Hi, I am trying the bulk import tool for my users, but the job remains as “pending” for hours.

• When I send a JSON file to Auth0 Management API v2, I can confirm a job is successfully generated; however, the status lasts for “pending” for a long time. It doesn’t import my users although I sent a file 2 hours ago.

• It returns the following I received when creating the job:

(
    [type] => users_import
    [status] => pending
    [connection_id] => **CONNECTION_ID**
    [connection] => tkm-test
    [created_at] => 2019-09-03T07:07:25.349Z
    [id] => **ID**
)
  • For 30 seconds, I continued polling the status from Auth0 Management API v2 each second. The response I received in these 30 requests is below which is the same as the one I received when creating.
(
    [type] => users_import
    [status] => pending
    [connection_id] => **CONNECTION_ID**
    [connection] => tkm-test
    [created_at] => 2019-09-03T07:07:25.349Z
    [id] => **ID**
)
  • The following error occurred when I tried to make a third request for creating the job.
POST https://MY_TENANT.auth0.com/api/v2/jobs/users-imports` resulted in a `429 Too Many Requests` response:
{"statusCode":429,"error":"Too Many Requests","message":"There are 2 active import users jobs, please wait until some of (truncated...)
  • I confirmed that the same error occurs for the additional requests after that, but the error is resolved after an hour. However, the problem with the “pending” status is persisted.

I hope this information is clear enough to investigate the problem.

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue.
We need to go live soon and this is a major blocker for us at the moment.

For me, after about 2-3 hours of creating the job, the status changes to failed and the error says Failed to parse users file when importing users.

I checked the json file and it is as per the import schema defined at Bulk User Import Database Schema and Examples

I tried using a json file with only 158 users and it fails - after being pending for around 3 hours
Then I tried using a json file with only a single user, got similar result as above.

Tried yesterday, and today, it keeps on failing. Do resolve this soon please.

I am also experiencing the same issue, which is affecting customers as we are partway through a large migration.

I believe this is now fixed, as the incident report has been created and it’s marked as resolved: Degraded performance on Bulk User Import feature • Auth0 Status Page

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.