Bulk export user jobs related questions

Hi,
I’m using the bulk user export api and everything works fine.
However I’d like to know some more information about it.

1. How long do these jobs tend to take? (less than a min in my experience) what about for larger amounts of users? if the amount of users is too large, would it time out?
  2. Is there a way to view all the jobs that has been executed? (if i lost the job id its gone forever?)
  3. Would an executed job expire? (as in the content to download disappear)
  4. Is there a limit to how many jobs I can create?

Thank you!

Hi @ruihan. Welcome to the community!

1. How long do these jobs tend to take? (less than a min in my experience) what about for larger amounts of users? if the amount of users is too large, would it time out?

There are no guarantees on the time that the job will take, so your application should be prepared to poll periodically for the job status using the Get a Job by ID endpoint (and back off if it gets a 429 response).
This asynchronous handling can ensure that the export job won’t time out internally.

1. Is there a way to view all the jobs that has been executed? (if i lost the job id its gone forever?)

No, there’s not. The application is responsible for holding on to the returned job ID.

1. Would an executed job expire? (as in the content to download disappear)

I couldn’t find any published expiration times, but I would not rely on the content to be there forever. The intent is to make the information available so that it can be downloaded.
There’s a hard limit (of 60 seconds) of the download URL validity when the job status is completed. If you fail to use the URL immediately, you will have to GET the job again (/api/v2/jobs/{id}) to obtain a new download URL.

1. Is there a limit to how many jobs I can create?

There’s an unpublished limit in the number of concurrent jobs that you can create. If you are creating too many concurrent jobs, you will get a 429 response.

hi, thank you for your help!
on a side note i seem to discovered the expiration time for the download links, it is about 24 hours.

1 Like