Authentication Extension vs Authentication Core

Hello,

We are trying to use groups in our authentication flow. We have a lot of questions actually, it will be nice to get answers in them it will be definitely helpful for us to determine which way to choose.

1. Authentication Extension will be deprecated soon? This year? Next?
  2. There is no way manage groups in Authentication Extension and Roles&Permissions in authentication core?
  3. Is there other extension which could be used to put users into companies(groups)?

Thank you for answering.

2 Likes

Hi @renat.kabirov,

Welcome to the Community!

Let’s see if I can answer some of these.

I don’t have a specific target date, and can’t make any guarantee, but it doesn’t look like this is happening soon. Next year would be more likely than this year.

There isn’t a built in way to do this. Is it possible? …well you might be able to get it to work, but it is going to require some custom configuration. I would not recommend it. I would say stick to one or the other.

app_metadata could work for this, and then you don’t have to worry about an extension. This is going to depend mostly on the details of your implementation. You can set something like a company_id in app_metadata and manage roles and permissions with the authorization core.

Hope this helps,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.