Auth0 with custom domains

I have enabled custom domain and added into DNS also but how to configure with auth-js sdk? I I am new to this. Please help me.

Hi @deepak.gogia and welcome to the Auth0 Community! :star_struck:

Here’s some documentation on additional configuration needed for Auth0.js and other SDK’s as well as a link special configurations needed when using custom domains

Let me know if those resources are helpful in getting your custom domain up and running!

Best,
Colin

1 Like

Everything is working fine except my website is not working under chrome incognito mode due to 3rd party cookies, so that i have enabled custom domain in auth0 tenant settings and verify through DNS.

In my code, i am using auth0 domain not a custom domain and i didn’t change anything in my code.

Apart from that i did nothing and unable to find any docs.

Whenever i login to my website it takes me to https://auth0-domain/authorize?client_Id=‘###’&login_ticket=‘###’ and other query parameters.

this happens only in incognito mode. Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @deepak.gogia,

To confirm, you need to make the necessary updates to your code to use your new Custom Domain. The links supplied previously should address a majority of situations in which additional config is needed to get Custom Domains working as expected.

When you say not working what does that mean exactly, are there errors or some indication in the developer console of what might be going wrong? Additionally can you send me your tenant in a DM for me to review your setup a bit further?

Thanks!
Colin

hi Colin,

I follow the guidance steps.

1. added custom domain (verified it work)

2. come to universal Universal Login, login modified code as below
    var params = Object.assign({
    overrides: {
    __tenant: config.auth0Tenant,
    __token_issuer: config.authorizationServer.issuer
    },
    domain: config.auth0Domain,
    clientID: config.clientID,
    redirectUri: config.callbackURL,
    responseType: ‘code’
    }, config.internalOptions);

var webAuth = new auth0.WebAuth(params);
    var databaseConnection = ‘Username-Password-Authentication’;

but after all, it still not working for custom domain … I still see the domain like xxxx.

The universal login page will be served by default at xxx.au.auth0.com/login . You can use your own domain by configuring it in [Custom Domains]

can you pls advice? thanks,

Hi, @v.dieppv1 thanks for reaching out!

Please put an ‘@’ sign in front of my name moving forward so I can get a notification that someone has reached out. Otherwise, it may be days before I see these posts :cry:

Sorry to hear Custom Domains have been causing issues, have you looked into the links I provided above on additional configurations needed to get Custom Domains working? I noticed in your steps that you don’t mention updating Auth0.js (auth0.WebAuth()) with your Custom Domain can you confirm you’ve done that as mentioned in this documentation?

If you have, could you also DM me your tenant name so I can have a look to see if I can spot the issue?

Best Regards,
Colin

1 Like

Thanks @colin.coutts.

It is working fine now already.

firstly, I though when I configure custom domain (example: id.abc.com), Application’s domain will change automatically. but it not (still xxx…au.auth0.com)

I tried to share the new custom domain - (id.abc.com) with client (web) and it work :), without worrying about domain on application dashboard.

thanks,

1 Like

Glad it’s working for you now!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.