Auth0-SPA-JS v2 has been released in beta!

:loudspeaker: We are happy to announce a new major version of our SDK for Single Page Applications is available in beta! :loudspeaker:

With this version, we have made a series of significant changes, including (but not limited to):

• All polyfills have been removed and our bundles are shipped using ES2017; reducing the bundle size by 60%.

• As a consequence, support for IE11 (and any browser not supporting ES2017, which should be rather limited) has been dropped.

• More consistent casing (camelCasing vs snake_casing)

• Internally restructured how we store the ID Token, resulting in the removal of all arguments for both getUser() and getIdTokenClaims()

• Added the ability to retrieve a token from the cache only, without contacting Auth0 if no valid token can be found.

When upgrading your application to use Auth0-SPA-JS v2, be sure to review the migration guide thoroughly to understand the changes required to migrate your application.
As with any beta version, it is not recommended for use in production applications as it may be subject to change.

Resources:

We welcome your feedback and reports on any issues you encounter when trying out this new beta version.

Should you have any feedback or questions about the SDK, please raise an issue via GitHub.

:rocket:

4 Likes

I have to say I’m surprised that Auth0 has dropped support for IE11. Authentication is a very important tool and the importance that it should work for a wide range of platforms I would have thought should override the desire to save 60% on bundle size.

Hospitals is the first thought I have in mind. Many hospitals have to deal with outdated software and so IE11 is often simply their only choice.

Do you have any advice for people that still need to support IE11? Will you keep supplying bug fixes for v1.12?

Separately with this comment you are sending people on and infinite loop…

Should you have any feedback or questions about the SDK, please raise an issue via GitHub.

In GitHub

“not a bug or a feature? - Discuss this SDK in the Auth0 Community forums”

Separately I should say - great that you’re maintaining these libraries!

1 Like