Auth0 REST APIs for Authentication without the widget in custom react page

How can I use login method in react custom page using the auth0 API just like the old API which is deprecated now (https://YOUR_DOMAIN/oauth/ro) which is simply a POST API needs user’s email and password with clientId. This API is Deprecated - Authentication API Explorer

Hey there @mrawat welcome to the community!

As noted in the documentation for oauth/ro this has been replaced by the password grant. However it is not recommended that this grant is used in a public application, only confidential. Some resources that may be of help:

Keep us posted!

is there any way of implementing authentication(login) without the auth0 widget ?

hey @tyf thanks for the reply,

I just wanted to know is there any way of implementing authentication(login) without the auth0 widget ? if any then how can I implement it ? whats that term called ? is it silent Authentication ?

Hey there @mrawat!

Yes - You’ll need to configure embedded login and call the authentication API directly. Silent auth is used to re-auth users that have already logged in.

Unfortunately, as this is not a recommended approach there isn’t much in the way of examples.

Thanks @tyf for your time.

1 Like

No problem, happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.