Connected Auth0 with React and Express

I created login page in react and user created in expressjs i want to authenticate that user with auth0 but don’t want to use auth0 login page is it possible? if yes how can i do that

Hey there @daxeshshukla6 welcome to the community!

When you say that you don’t want to use the Auth0 login page, I assume you mean that you want a form of sorts embedded in your app wherein the user is not redirected to Auth0 at all, but rather your app makes Authentication/Authorization calls out to Auth0 itself.

If that’s the case, it should be possible using an embedded login approach - However, it’s important to note that this is no longer recommended and the pros/cons of Universal (redirect to Auth0) vs. Embedded login are outlined here.

Let us know!

1 Like

Authentication/Authorization will be done by the Auth0 only loginpage (UI) is mine

Sorry for the delayed response here!

Here’s an example of an embedded login using React/Redux if that is indeed what you are looking for:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the response but i want backend also how can i call authentication apis to my backend

Sorry for the delayed response!

Have you had a chance to look at our Express quickstart and/or sample app? The quickstart is helpful, but I definitely recommend taking a look at the sample app as it’s pretty straightforward to set up and get running out of the box. You can find those here:

This article is also super helpful if you’re interested in a more high-level architectural view of a SPA + API relationship:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you for replying it’s really helped

1 Like

Awesome! No problem and happy to help :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.