Auth0-js passwordless error codes

Hi Auth0.

I am looking for a list of error codes to use, when implementing passwordless authentication with email. I have for example disabled public signup, so if a user tries to sign in with an unkown email, the the following error code is thrown by auth0.passwordlessStart:

'error.code': 'bad.connection',
'error.description': 'Public signup is disabled'

Where do I find a list of all error codes, so I can respond correctly and improve the login-flow?

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?

1 Like

Hi @konrad.sopala - you are the best :raised_hands:

Yes if you can somehow find this information - it would be awesome. Our team prefers a custom passwordless component, and one of the reasons is the possibility of adding custom error descriptions. So a list of possible error codes would be awesome.

Sure! Let me dig in and get back to you shortly!

1 Like

Hey there @alexab!

Terribly sorry for such delay in response but you know sometimes life and huge number of questions happens. Getting back to the core question:

Auth0.js generally doesn’t emit any errors by itself, other than a generic_error when it otherwise doesn’t know what error to throw. Otherwise, it returns whatever error and description we get from Auth0 Server. (there isn’t a list of those error code unfortunately)