Auth0 fails with Unknown client upon Google login

I had a working Rails app with Auth0 → Google authentication.

I was following the instructions to create production keys and did it as instructed. However Auth0 fails mysteriously with “Unknown client” error.

As it all seems correct I turn back to Auth0 with the error:

Unknown client: XXXX-XXXXXX.apps.googleusercontent.com

where XXXXX-XXXXX is the client ID I got from Google Developer API generated as per the tutorial.

Log:
https://manage.auth0.com/dashboard/us/plipag/logs/90020190517224253725466914412495945015987041068053238112

Can anyone shed a light where the problem possibly is?

Hey there @cassio!

Could you provide us with some more context / steps to reproduce etc so we can have as many details to debug as possible also any screenshots and info when exactly this error code appears would be really appreciated!

I found out the error to be client_id messed up between provider and Auth0.

What I suggest is making tutorials clearer and more detailed. After I decided to study authentication over the weekend it became apparently clear, but it isn’t for one longing for a painless, quick integration. Just a suggestion.

Glad you figured it out and thank you a lot for the feedback! I’ll make sure to relay it to appropriate team!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.