Application management - Entity limit and best practices

Hi all,

Recently my company has found ourselves hitting the limit of 100 applications for our Developer Pro tenant. Our application count is governed by our client count as we create a new Auth0 application for each new client that comes on board and configure them with the unique application credentials. We are using Auth0 to work as an SSO for our company accounts to allow for easy login to each of our client’s websites that we host. Because of this I have been wondering if there are any alternative methods to manage our setup.

For example rather than creating a new application for each new client could we use a single application configured with each of our client’s callback URL? That means that we would include around 100 callback URL’s in the configuration of that Auth0 application. Is this a usable solution? Are there any limits to the amount of callback URLs and application can have?

I’d be interested to hear if our current setup is the preferred method or if there are any other solutions people are using to setup multiple clients to utilise the SSO functionality.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sami.

Hey there!

Bad news here but unfortunately the client approach you took is the right one, handling it through the callbacks will simply fail as there are also limits for that as far as I know.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for your help Konrad.

No worries! We’re here for you!