Adding an Auth0 'new user' link to the login

hello - is there any way we can add an Auth0 “new user” link to the login page?

something like this?

Kind of, to my knowledge if you’re using the classic universal login experience with Lock the amount of customization you can perform in the Lock interface is constrained. In particular, I don’t believe there’s a formally support way to add another link like you described in that position simply by configuration.

Technically you can use Auth0.js to implement your classic login page so this would allow you to have full control over the interface. However, this would come at an implementation cost because you would loose Lock specific features.

Alternatively to the above, since Lock is open source you could consider forking the repository and add the link in your version. It would also have some maintenance overhead, but for an additive feature like adding a link that overhead could be much less than the one for using Auth0.js library.

In conclusion, with the Lock library I don’t believe it would have built-in support, but technically speaking the requirement you have is possible.

1 Like

thanks - i was hoping as a “paying customer” that Auth0 might consider adding it. :grin:

I won’t say that won’t happen, but to my knowledge there’s no plans for it. If you want to pursuit that route I would likely recommend leaving this feedback through Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone. as that way you ensure it is seen by the relevant product manager.

1 Like

thanks - excellent suggestion. done.

no reply to my feedback comment - are there any other suggestions as to how i can make this happen?

I can confirm your initial feedback has not yet been processed, however, that is not entirely unexpected as you can imagine there’s always a great deal of volume in terms of feature requests. In addition, like I mentioned before even when it gets processed it does not imply it will be implemented immediately or implemented at all.

If this is time sensitive I’m afraid you would need to consider possible alternatives like the ones mentioned initially. In addition, have you considered handling this in your application itself? In particular, the application could have a distinct option for login and signup; the login would do what it already does while for signup you could add an additional parameter to the login request to signal that the user intends to signup and handle that in a customized login page would show the sign up tab by default instead of the login one.

1 Like

ha ha - and apparently i am NOT the only one to miss the “sign up” tab top right! but at least i am in good company!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.