A0deploy deploy just actions

Is it possible to just import/export the actions from auth0? my usecase is to place the actions in SCM and then use a0deploy CLI to import them to auth0. The cli exports entire tenant configuration, I don’t want to export the entire tenant configuration all the time because some part of the configuration will be managed via UI or other interface and can go out of the sync with cli impot/export.

Hi @jmj

Its always a good practice to manage entire tenant via single source of truth i.e. do not mix automation + manual changes

Auth0 deploy cli does not support atomic actions.

On the other hand you can look into Auth0 terraform which can support your desired outcome.

Hope it helps

Thanks
Jeff

1 Like

I understand that but our application is of platform nature. we let user create application that are created on auth0’s platform. that gets done via calling management api directly.

keeping aside good practice for now - is this supported by CLI or not?

Hi @jmj

It is not possible at the moment. If you use Auth0 deploy cli, it is good idea to export tenant before making changes and importing back in.

Hope it helps
Jeff

Thanks - can this post be treated as the request for the feature?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.