A0deploy cli - How to create a partial export (only rules and hooks, for example)?

Hello,

My team is trying to use the auth0 deploy CLI to import and export our tenant configurations. We currently have 3 tenants (dev, test, prod) and so we would need three configurations.

The deploy CLI seems to be doing a pretty good job, but we would like to reuse only some of the configs exported by it, such as rules and hooks. This is because we don’t have the same applications or APIs on all of our tenants.

I saw here that there is a way to exclude some clients by using settings such as AUTH0_EXCLUDED_CLIENTS.

However, since we want to exclude all clients, what is the best way to do this?
I was hoping maybe there is the chance to use something like this:

"AUTH0_EXCLUDED_CLIENTS": [ "*" ],

or similar, but this doesn’t seem to work.

Also, we would also like to exclude Grants from the CLI export, but couldn’t find any setting for that. Is it possible?

Thanks!

2 Likes

@aneacsu_c Did you ever find a solution to this?

I was looking to exclude all clients during a deployment as well.

1 Like

I am also interested to do that. Is it possible?

Hi everyone,

I also wanted to use the deploy CLI, just for managing the branding templates in our code. After reading through the docs, I found this:

I guess you could make use of the AUTH0_EXCLUDED and AUTH0_INCLUDED_ONLY options!

1 Like

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.