2 users email says pending (Okta social connection)

Out of 600+ users, we are having an issue with 2 users where the email status is on (Pending) instead of verified.

Is there a way that we can force the email verification from false to true?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Eugenio

Hi @eugenio.k ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

To mark the user email status as verified, could you please call the Auth0 Management API endpoint

patch_users_by_id
body:
{ 
"email_verified": true 
}

Please keep us updated on how it goes. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Lihua,

Thank you so much for taking the of your time to help me.

This is my first time working with Auth0 and I have been trying to figure out how I can do this without success.

If you have the time can you explain to me how I can do this?

Again thank you so much.

Best,
Eugenio

Hi @eugenio.k ,

No problem at all! I am happy to help here.

Could you please try the following?

Please go to this article and check out the video attached starting from 2 min 51 sec to 3 min 6 sec. It shows how to apply the API token and apply it to the Auth0 Management API, and for your case, please go to the endpoint provided in my previous reply and use the body scripts.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Lihua,

Hope you had a great weekend,

Thank you so much for all your help, I managed to change it to (verified) but when I try to use it to log in on a website where we use the connection it changes back to pending.

Can it be that Okta is telling Auth0 that the email is not verified?
Is there maybe a way to force it to stay verified?

Best,
Eugenio

@eugenio.k ,

Thank you for the updates.

Could you please DM me the email of the user? And any rules/actions might flip it from verified to pending? Thanks.

Hi Lihua,

Hope you are doing well,

I have an update for you, I found that if I turn off auth0 sync user profile attributes at each login The email stays verified after changing it with the management API.

Now my question is what are the consequences of keeping auth0 sync user profile attributes at each login off?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Eugenio Koeiman

Hi @eugenio.k ,

Thank you for providing the additional context.

Regarding " Sync user profile attributes at each login, when enabled, Auth0 automatically syncs user profile data with each user login, thereby ensuring that changes made in the connection source are automatically updated in Auth0. If leaving it off, the changes made in the connection source will not be auto-updated in Auth0.

Since your tenant has the enterprise plan, if you want to get on a call with the Auth0 team, please feel free to create a support ticket for assistance.