recreating deleted users

I’ve been checking out the auth0 services with various clients. I created a user with my personal email address, and then deleted it to test the API. Now I can’t recreate a user with the same address with the error “This user already exists”. Is there a way to recreate a deleted user? If not, would I be able to delete my auth0 account and recreate it with the same domain or would that be blocked as well?

Thanks!

Can you see the user in the dashboard, or via the Management API? Another thing you can try is to use the Delete a connection user endpoint:

You should not delete your account in order to try to workaround that situation, because even though the account will be deleted the account name you used will not be automatically available for you when you try to create a new account.

As mentioned in the comment, if you’re having issues with user deletion you can try the Management API endpoint (Auth0 Management API v2). If that also does not address the situation, you should update your question with more information about the specific user that caused the problem.

Hi, sorry for the delay in response. I could not find another solution but since we were mainly using test accounts for development I simply replaced the old connection with a fresh one and had no issues doing that. Thanks

Hi, sorry for the delay in response. I could not find another solution but since we were mainly using test accounts for development I simply replaced the old connection with a fresh one and had no issues doing that. Thanks