Information on the 3.5.0 release

First, a big thank you for your patience while we put this release together. We know that new accounts/tenants had a range of login and migration issues and this latest release should correct those.

This update fixes a few critical issues we were aware of and others that were reported through this channel. In summary, 3.5.0 fixes:

• Login issues with the error “account does not have an email associated” message
  • Unable to create the admin account in the Setup Wizard
  • “Algorithm not allowed” error for migrations
  • Expired API token certain admin actions to fail
  • Headless WordPress sites using incorrect callback and other URLs
  • … and more!

Regardless of the plugin version you were on before, you should be able to update to the latest version, 3.5.0, now through your wp-admin.

If you’re a brand-new Auth0 user and have been testing the plugin or using it on a staging/dev server, we recommend you start over with a fresh Auth0 install on the WordPress site. Before starting over, make sure to delete the Client and Connection that were created originally (this will delete your Users on the Auth0 end). Then deactivate and delete the plugin to remove any saved Auth0 data. Now Install and Activate the latest version, walk through the Setup Wizard, and you should be ready to go.

If you’re an existing user, then update the plugin as usual and look for a banner in wp-admin with instructions on how to complete the process. The easiest way is to create a new API token using the steps here:

… and save that in wp-admin > Auth0 > Settings > Basic > API token. You can do this before or after the plugin update and the required changes will be made.

The other option is to go to your Auth0 Dashboard > APIs > Auth0 Management API > Non-Interactive Clients tab and Authorize the Client that was created for your WordPress site (should have a name similar to your site name).

However method you choose, the red banner should disappear and you should be good to go.

If you have any questions about this release, feel free to ask them here and we’ll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again from the Auth0 Team!

One more thing to check in the Client settings … scroll to the bottom and click Show Advanced Settings, then the Grant Types tab. Make sure that Implicit, Authorization, Code, Refresh Token, and Client Credentials are all activated.

Thanks for this release guys, it’s fixed the big issues we were having with 3.4.0 :slight_smile:

I have two different sites using the plug-in, using two different clients but the same tenant. If I issue a new API token for Client A is that going to affect Client B?

I have two WP sites using the same tenant, two different clients. If I generate a new API token for Site A, is that going to affect Site B? Thanks

@rbriggs1201 - If you regenerate an API token, you’ll want to save it to both sites. That said, the API token is typically used for temporary access to the management API so you shouldn’t need a valid, working API token for the WordPress site going forward.