Xamarin demo not working

I am attempting to upgrade our Xamarin app to use the newer OIDC component, rather than the older “auth0client” component which is being deprecated. As a first step for doing this work, i have downloaded the quickstart demo from here https://auth0.com/docs/quickstart/native/xamarin/01-login

I created a new client in the auth0 dashboard, configured as a “native” client. I made sure the OIDC Conformed toggle was set to true, and that the JsonWebToken signature algorithm was set to RS256. I replaced the “client id” in the sample project with the one corresponding to the new client I’d created in the dashboard, and i confirmed that the URL was correct.

when I click the “login” button in the app, i am taken to a browser window to login. i login with my normal credentials, and i’m redirected back to the app. but instead of a successful login, i get the error “Missing state” (which i can see on the login result object in the debugger)

Any ideas as to what is causing this error and how it can be resolved? I am running Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 10, using an android 7 phone

1 Like

Hey @abresee

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.