What's the best way to capture newly register users?

When users register using the Universal Login, what is the best way to capture information such as the name, email, phone number etc. to save it in a database? Is this the best use case of using the post-register hook? I can see there is a limit on the information that is being sent, for example the auth0 ID of the user is not accessible using the hook, what’s the alternative for this?

Hey there!

Have you had a chance to visit that doc of ours, it will lead you step by step to achieve what you want:

I have not yet, but I was finding documentations here and there yesterday regarding this topic after positing. Thank you for the link, it’s a huge product and it’s hard to find what is needed. Appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries! Once you dive into it let me know if you have any questions!

I opted for the post-register hook as it satisfies what I need. What we need to do basically to acquire more infromation is to have a flow in the app where the user registers then gets sent to another page to provide the name and phone number. I save these on the auth0 user and app_metadata (phone number).

We also store these information on our database (name, email, auth ID, and phone numbers) just to be safe if we ever need them without the need to call auth0 API.

Ok perfect! Glad to hear that!

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.